Buffalo Chicken Cakes: The Divine Creation
The idea for these Buffalo Chicken Cakes randomly materialized in my mind one day. It happened while I was pondering my choices for lunch.
There was leftover roasted chicken in the fridge, but I wasn’t that excited about it. I had also recently cheated on some buffalo chicken dip (that stuff is like crack). But, I wasn’t going to recreate that since it’s full of cheese, dairy and Ranch dressing.
And just like that, it came to me. I wanted to have the flavor of shredded buffalo chicken with added texture. I pictured pan-seared crab cakes with a crunchy crust on the outside and succulent meat on the inside.
A recipe was born!
I got right to work and even my first attempt was delicious. These don’t contain anything unhealthy! They are free of grains, gluten, dairy, sugar, and soy.
These buffalo chicken cakes can be served for lunch or dinner. Heck, why not for breakfast? Of course, they would make a fabulous game day appetizer!
On my first try, I used leftover roasted chicken. For the second trial, I used a plain store-bought rotisserie chicken. Anything will work! 🙂
If you use a small frying pan, use less oil to start with so that the cakes become crispy and not soggy.
Paleo Buffalo Chicken Cakes – Girlinhealing.com
- 3 cups of shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS oil (I used EVOO)
- 2 cups of gluten free or paleo flour (I used tapioca flour)
- Place a medium or large pan on the stove at medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Shred 3 cups of cooked chicken (I take it off a roasted chicken or store-bought rotisserie).
- Combine chicken, hot sauce, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Hand form chicken into circular patties and coat entirely in the flour.
- When the oil is hot place patties in the pan, flipping once when the bottom has formed a crust that is starting to brown.
- After both sides have formed a crust, add chicken cakes to a dish with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Serve these alongside extra hot sauce. If you really want to knock it out of the park, make your own dairy free ranch dressing!
I love anything buffalo chicken! Are you a fan?!