Cherries and amaretto liqueur are so Christmas-y!
When I was developing the recipe for these cookies I couldn’t help but just smell the bottle of amaretto. It is so sweet and comforting.
These cookies are free of gluten and sugar, as well as grains all together, so they are Paleo! Well, accept for the booze… But, I’m sure cavemen had their ways of celebrating too. 😉
So they are #PaleoPlusBooze.
These cookies are soft and chewy, even days after they are made!
Using frozen cherries means you can make them any time of year.
Grain Free Cherry Amaretto Cookies – Girlinhealing.com
Makes about 18 cookies.
- 5 TBS softened butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS amaretto liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (plus more depending on your preference) frozen cherries
Optional: organic powdered sugar for dusting once baked
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat the coconut sugar and softened butter.
- Add the eggs, amaretto, and vanilla then beat together.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the combined dry ingredients to the wet mixture a little at a time, beating after each addition.
- Chop the frozen cherries into quarters and add to the wet mixture. Stir to combine.
- Line two cookie trays with parchment paper and coat hands with tapioca flour.
- Roll cookies into balls and place no more than 12 cookies per tray (they will spread).
- Bake in the hot oven for 13 minutes. When done, let them cool completely on the trays before removing and storing them.
These cookies are soft, chewy and delicate. Handle with care when storing!