This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a commission on products purchased without any cost to the buyer.
Have you planned your menu for the Super Bowl? This Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese combines the comfort of mac and cheese with the all time favorite buffalo chicken into one creamy, dreamy, dish! Perfect for crowd-pleasing.
I went through a period of time this winter caving mac and cheese like crazy. Which is weird, because it is not something I ate growing up. Yet, the cold, dark days of New England winter stirred up this desire – and who was I to fight it?
So, I made it a few times and shared my photos on Instagram. People went crazy for it! So much so that my first photo of mac and cheese ended up being my most liked photo for all of 2017! It really made me laugh and that’s when I knew my Instagram community was totally my tribe.
This recipe contains dairy-filled cheeses and cream cheese, but feel free to try your favorite dairy free alternatives! If you do, leave a comment because I would love to know what works or doesn’t.
I was able to use those because I tolerate some forms of dairy quite well. I know some people need to avoid dairy at all costs, and that just reiterates the bioindividual nature of every person.
Back to the Super Bowl, I have some other fun recipes that are great for game day! Here are my top 10:
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Cakes (The most popular recipe on my website!)
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Loaded Sweet Potato Boats
- Maple Roasted Cashew Trail Mix
- Sweet Potato Pizza Rounds
- Paleo Popcorn Chicken
- Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salad (Serve as a fresh dip with Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips!)
- Cayenne Chicken Meatballs
- Paleo Chicken Tenders
- The Ultimate Fudgey Paleo Brownies (Every party needs something sweet!)
I’m rooting for the Patriots, duh! But, I would be lying if I said I was a loyal fan. I rarely watch a regular season game, but I do get into the hype of the Super Bowl. As long as there is food. 😉
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese (Gluten Free)
Feeds 4-6 adults
- 1 lb gluten free pasta or a veggie pasta (i.e. zoodles)
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 oz grass-fed cream cheese (1/2 a block)
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup hot sauce
- Optional: dried or fresh herbs for garnish or extra hot sauce
- Boil the pasta as you normally would in a large pot. Drain once done and set aside. Turn the heat down to medium.
- In the same pot, add the butter and whisk while sprinkling in the tapioca flour. Slowly pour in the coconut milk while continuing to whisk.
- Add in the cream cheese, Monterey Jack, and mozzarella cheeses. Stir continuously until everything has melted together and there are no lumps.
- Add the sea salt and garlic powder.
- In bowl with the shredded chicken, add the hot sauce. Stir to coat then add to the pot. Add the pasta back to the pot as well. Stir until everything is well incorporated and transfer to a bowl to serve.
- If you desire, add a drizzle of hot sauce on top and/or dried or fresh herbs like parsley, basil, or chives.
Happy football watching and comfort food eating!