This delicious salmon recipe is brought to you by Kat Downs. She is a healthy food and clean beauty content creator. I think you will love her site as well. Check out her bio at the end of this post!
I love salmon but I don’t make it as often as I’d like. When I think about making fish, I always think it’s going to be too difficult. But I promise, this salmon could not be easier!
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal when you need something quick or you could make it for a special occasion and impress your guests. They’ll never know it took you less than 20 minutes and was made with less than 4 ingredients!
I love the combination of flavors here, even though this recipe is comprised of just a few simple items that you likely already have in your pantry. The mustard adds some zing and the maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness but neither are overpowering.
You could serve four with this recipe or just two if you have two hungry adults!
I served the salmon alongside sautéed green beans but you could make a salad, asparagus, or potatoes.
Mustard Maple Pecan Salmon (Dairy Free, Paleo) – girlinhealing.com
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard (make sure the brand you buy doesn’t have added sugar!)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prep a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Chop pecans into small pieces.
- Mix chopped pecans, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard together.
- If not already sliced, slice salmon into four equal portions and place on sheet pan.
- Spoon ¼ of the mustard maple pecan mixture onto each piece of salmon.
- Cook for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- Turn your broiler on low and cook salmon for 1.5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!
- I used a Vitamix dry grains container to chop the pecans but you could use a food processor or a soft mallet to crush them on your countertop!
- My oven cooks a bit slowly so watch the salmon to make sure you don’t overcook it!
Leave a comment below telling me what you plan to make to go along with this salmon!
Kat is the owner of Crunchy Kat, where she writes about non-toxic beauty products and perusing the grocery store aisles for the latest natural and organic food. You can follow along with her on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.