Some links in this post are affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I make a percentage of sales I refer. This small commission goes toward costs associated with running this website.
Grain free. Almond butter. Apple cookies. No dairy or refined sugar either. You’re going to want to make these, stat.
Let me tell you about these cookies.
- They are soft.
- They are chewy.
- They are everything.
That enough for ya? Even after days on the counter (had to reserve one with a “Do Not Eat” sticky note for testing this), the cookie stayed soft, chewy, and moist (sorry if you hate that word). I contemplated calling these “breakfast cookies.” These technically could be breakfast cookies in a pinch. But, I wouldn’t call them nutrient dense. 😉 They are still cookies.
Now let me tell you about this almond butter! In this recipe I used Beckah’s Bangin’ Butter. It’s a local-to-me company based no more than 30 minutes away from where I live. Even better, my friend Ashley and blogger at Her Sweetest Delights, is part of the BBB team!
And when your friend is part of an almond butter company and you are a real-food blogger, you make stuff with it!
Right now they sell to local farmer’s markets and to customers in Massachusetts, but word on the street is that shipment to the rest of the U.S. is in the works! That is good news for you. 🙂
The ingredients are simple. No added preservatives, sugar or any other kinds of junk! Beckah’s Bangin’ Butter is completely LEGIT and paleo-friendly. Support these women and their small business if you can!
Grain Free Almond Butter Apple Cookies (Dairy Free, Paleo) – Girlinhealing.com
Makes 8 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except for the apple with a hand mixer.
- While beating, slowly add the dry ingredients until everything is incorporated.
- Add the diced apple and mix well. Scoop 8 cookies (or smaller if you’d like, but baking time will be a little less) and bake for 15 minutes.
This almond butter is amazing just as it is with a spoon. Or, you know, on an apple or some gluten free toast! What is you favorite way to eat almond butter?!